Need a repair?

Click here to report a repair.

Types of Repairs #


Response time: within 4 hours

Urgent repairs are when there is an immediate health, safety or security risk or where the property will be further damaged if work is not carried out.

Examples of urgent repairs include:

  • Fire damage
  • Broken security doors or external locks
  • Sewer overflowing into the house through the toilet or drain
  • Electrical danger such are exposed wires, water leaking through lights or power points
  • Smashed windows
  • Roof damage that allows water to get into the property
  • No hot water
  • Fire alarms not working
  • Waterlogged carpet

Once you’ve reported urgent works, you will need to stay at home (provided it is safe to do so) and contactable until the repairs are completed.


Response time: within 24 hours

Examples of priority repairs include:

  • No heating or hot water service
  • No lights working in the home
  • Electrical faults
  • Leak from pipe or base of toilet
  • Blocked drain outside the home
Normal 7

Response time: within 7 days

Examples of normal 7 repairs include:

  • Broken clothes lines
  • Loose or broken cupboard hinges
  • Slowly dripping taps
  • Gutter blocked with overflowing leaves
  • Broken window (if boarded up)
Normal 28

Response time: within 28 days

For general repairs and maintenance requests. Any work classified as Normal 28 will either be attended to within one month or placed on the planned maintenance program, depending on the nature and complexity of the work.

What does Centacare Evolve Housing fix and what do you fix? #

It is important to us that the housing we provide is safe, secure and in good repair. We are responsible for maintaining the structure and exterior of the property, and for completing repairs to a satisfactory standard. As a tenant, you are responsible for the cost of repairing any damage to your property or a common area caused by you or another person in your home. In an emergency or other unforeseen circumstance, we will carry out the work and charge you as the tenant. Unfortunately, not all repairs can be completed on the first visit. Tenant damage is the responsibility of the tenant.

Our responsibility

We will repair or replace the following items due to wear and tear;

  • Fluorescent lights only
  • Common area lights (in complexes only)
  • Stove
  • Locks
  • Smoke alarms
  • Doors and fittings
  • Basins and taps
  • Bath (if applicable), shower and shower screens (if applicable)
  • Fixed floor coverings
  • Internal and external painting
  • TV antenna
  • Clothes line
  • Power supply
  • Water supply
  • Downpipes, gutters and drains to multi-storey dwellings
  • Boundary fences
  • Initial supply of rubbish and recycling bins
  • Service heat pumps
Your responsibility

Damage caused by you, your family or visitors to the property is your responsibility. This includes damage to any fixtures and fittings as listed as our responsibility;

  • Replacement of light globes
  • Replacement of smoke alarm batteries
  • Broken windows, as specified under the Residential Tenancy Act and as described in your lease
  • Damage or holes in walls, doors and floors
  • Faulty appliances that cause the power supply to trip if those appliances are not listed as being our responsibility.
  • Blockages to sinks, toilet and drains (where caused by you or your visitors, even if it's accidental)
  • Pest and vermin control
  • Gardens, lawns and tree pruning
  • Removal of rubbish including lawn clippings and garden waste
  • Downpipes, gutters and drains (single-storey dwellings only)
  • Replacement cost of rubbish and recycling bins (as arranged by you through your local Council office)
  • Replacement of lost or stolen keys
  • If locked out of your home you will need to contact a locksmith to gain entry
  • Repairs to any items that you have installed
  • Water charges in accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act 1997
  • Cleaning of heat pumps in accordance with product requirement

Maintenance FAQs #

I have a serious medical problem or disability. Can you modify my home?

Where tenants have serious medical problems or a disability, we can sometimes provide additional assistance and make modifications in some instances. Call 6173 0060 or message us at contact us for more information.

Can I organise work to be done if I am willing to pay for it?

If you wish to undertake maintenance yourself, then you must apply for approval in writing first.

You should also speak to your Tenancy Officer who will explain the conditions that tenants might have to meet. These conditions can vary depending on the type of work, and who will be completing it. Call 6173 0060 or message us at contact us for more information.

I am not sure if something is working the way it should

There are occasions when you may be unsure if something needs repair. If in doubt, contact us.

I have pests in my property

If dangerous pests such as wasps or bees are in your property you must let us know immediately, and we will assess what needs to be done. This would be considered to be a priority request.

If there are other, non-threatening pests in a property, then it is your responsibility to manage them. If you have problems with insects, rodents, or spiders, you can find supplies at your grocery store that can be helpful to treat your home. Make sure to always follow the manufacturer’s directions when using pesticides.

My smoke alarm is beeping

Smoke alarms are now hardwired or have long-life batteries. If they begin to beep, or you are concerned about maintenance of your smoke alarm, please contact us and we will have a tradesperson inspect and carry out repairs if needed.

Can I install a heat pump?

You can install a heat pump if you have written approval from your Tenancy Officer and you agree to some conditions. Contact us for more information.

Once you receive approval in writing you can arrange for your registered tradesperson to complete the installation. If you install a heat pump, it is your responsibility to maintain it. We do not provide repairs or maintenance for modifications you have completed yourself.